Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy New Year Peoples...

What up everyone! Happy New Year… I know it’s January 13th and I’m hella late, but I whatevs…. It’s the thought that counts, right? Well since it’s damn near the middle of the month, I guess I should post my December wrap up and January plans.

4.) Acquire >2 songs per month for 6 months (2/6)
- Kanye West “Love Lockdown”
- Robert Glasper “Canvas” (album)

10.) Make 100 new recipes (10/100)
- Blue Cheese and Hazlenut Crostini
- Asparagus soup with Lemon Crème Fraiche
- Roast beef with port and roasted shallots

13.) Try 50 foods or types of cuisine I haven't tried (5/50)
- No new foods this month

20.) Watch all the movies that have won Best Picture since I’ve been alive.
- No movies this month….

27.) Walk Dogs at B.A.R.C 10 times (0/10)
- DONE! Didn’t actually walk the dogs at B.A.R.C, but I have put in almost 3 months of CONSISTENT work on behalf of Curly Tail Pug Rescue and I think that is an adequate substitute. Between walking my dog, transcribing, working full time, and answering 5 million emails a day for Curly Tail, I think my helping dogs mission is complete.

34.) Blog on my 101 90% of the days (40/901)
- as of December 31st, I believe 121 days have past since starting the list on September 1 (someone please correct me if my math is off). 90% blogging for that time (ie 1 blog per day) should be 108 blogs.... I'm currently at 33%.... I obviously need to get working.

39.) Be on time or early for everything for a month (0/30)
-*sigh*…. Will this ever really be achieved… I suck.

50.) Drink 1.5 liters of water per day for 2 months (0/60)
-Getting a little better with this one…. Had a few false starts, but I have been drinking enough water that most days I actually use the bathroom at least once during the day. That’s an improvement for me! :-p

60.) Go the gynecologist and dentist once per year (1/4)
-Had one very eventful gyno visit…. Very interesting….

80.) Do 400 "no spend" days (1/400) *UPDATED*
-I honestly haven’t really been keeping track of this…. Which probably means I haven’t been doing it :-p Maybe…. I recall a few weekends this month where I didn’t leave the house on at least one of the days. Oh well… I don’t know if I can make this one, might have to take it as a loss.

83.) Get a professional bikini wax (Brazilian)
-DONE!

90.) Buy a digital piano (casio privia or Yamaha YPG)
-Didn’t have money for this ish this month, but I really want to get on it before my birthday.

98.) Send Christmas cards to at least 20 people for 2 Christmases (0/2)
-I totally missed Christmas. I really wanted to make a card that had Leroy’s picture on it, but didn’t have time to set up the photo shoot and my old camera was dying so I couldn’t take the picture myself…. So instead of just buying cards like a normal person, I procrastinated until Christmas was over…. Oh well.. I wonder if there are 2 Christmases left in the remaining days of the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment