Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to the grind...

Ok it’s been a little over 2 weeks since I started this project and the only thing I’ve really blogged on are my adventures (or misadventures) in pug-land… So I’m back to the grind. Bruno and I are settling into a nice routine so hopefully I’ll be able to re-focus my energy this week on the few easy goals I wanted to start with. These were the goals that I wanted to start in September


Ongoing Goals:

1. Adopt a pug

    1. I won’t bore you with anymore pug posts… right now. :-p I will probably take this off of the ongoing list until the spring, because I decided that I really would like to adopt a puppy and I can’t really do that until it gets warm again.


2. Make 100 new recipes (0/100)

    1. It’s still pretty hot here…. Which means I haven’t been doing much cooking. I just did the math and it seems that I have to average about 3 new recipes a month to stay on track with this…. But so far my count is still zero. If anyone has any tasty recipes (or recipes that you're not sure about and want someone to try first) please let me know.


3. Try 50 foods or types of types of cuisine I haven’t tried (0/50)

    1. This is going to be a bit of a hard one… I’m a fairly adventurous eater so there’s not THAT much that I haven’t tried… I see quail and ostrich eggs all the time at whole foods… I’ve never tried either one of those, and honestly looking at them makes me a little nauseous… the throw-up spit is forming right now…. Here is a picture of a cute little girl holding an ostrich egg… apparently 1 egg can fee up to 12 people. Maybe that will be my strange food for this month? The quail eggs make me want to throw up a little bit less… apparently you can use them just like any other eggs… deviled, boiled, poached… pickled… ok the spit is coming back… moving on….

4. Blog on my 101 things blog 90% of the time

    1. I don’t think I’m doing too too badly on this. I’ve blogged 6 times in September (this will make 7). According to my calculations I have to blog about 27 times a month to make this goal… I think I’ll be able to do this. I spend all day at work on the computer and I have a lot of random thoughts to share….

5. Do 500 “no spend” days

    1. LOL I think this one may have been a bit ambitious, no? 500 no spend days means I pretty much have to not spend ANY money every other day…. I might change this one to a more manageable number and then just take the $10 “didn’t complete goal” penalty as a loss.

6. Drink 1.5 liters of water per day for 2 months

    1. Ugh… this is going to be a hard one. My water/liquid intake is HORRENDOUS. I generally drink a cup of coffee in the morning and then don’t really drink anything else until I get home from work. Sometimes I’ll have a bottle of bubbly water, but that’s about it… Water is pretty much all I drink, with the diet coke with my Subway lunch occasionally, so it’s not like I don’t like water… I just don’t like the feeling of liquid in my belly and I don’t like having to go to the bathroom more than once or twice a day. Yes I KNOW that’s not healthy… geeez! So I’m going to give it a shot. 1.5 liters really isn’t that much water. It’s only 3 of those small bottles…I went about 4 days last week and then I missed a few days… so I have to start over. But I’m in it to win it with this water thing… even if it takes me all 1001 days to make it 60 consecutive days.

7. Make the earring holder that I’ve been putting off

    1. I’ve been planning on making this cool earring holder for like 2 years. It’s really just mesh and a frame…. You attach the mesh with a staple gun. That’s it. It’s not that hard. If I don’t finish this goal this month then someone please take my staple gun and shoot me in the face.

Ok that's it... look out for more non-pug related blogs in the very near future. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment