Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Nana's 101 goals in 1001 days... day 2

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for visiting my 101 goals in 1001 days (and other musings) page. This idea started when my friend Cynthia and I were sitting on a big rock in Central Park, (after giving up on the long @ss line for the "Mad Fools in the Park" Summerstage show...who woulda thunk Madfools were so popular?!?)... anyway, we were having a really deep and substantive conversation about life and goals (ok.. we were probably talking about Boys and frozen yogurt... but moving on..) when Cynthia told me about the 101 goals in 1001 days project. Bascially what you do is create a list of 101 goals that you'd like to complete within the next 1001 days (about 2.75 years) and document your process via blog for all the world to celebrate your successes... or mock your failure. I thought this would be a great idea for a few reasons...

1- there are a TON of little things in life that I always talk about doing, or places I want to go, or changes in myself that I'd like to make, but I just haven't had the structure within myself to make them happen.

2- I love writing, but have fallen out of the habit during the past 10 years. Creating this list and this blog will create specific topics for me to write about and hopefully get myself back in the habit of writing.


3- If I don't complete ANY of the goals on this list I will have to add $1010 to my savings account. If I complete all of them I'll add$505.. so either way I'm going to save some money :-)


So here goes... hopefully ya'll will joing me as I document these 2+ years. If you look at my list you'll see that this isn't about me doing monumental, life-changing things (ending world hunger, patching up the ozone, getting Bristol Palin some NYC Condoms..) this is more about me doing little things for myself and my friends and hopefully ending up a better and more fulfilled person when I end this journey on May 30th, 2011.

So let the games begin!

3 comments:

  1. LOL @ "getting bristol palin some nyc condoms"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha...cracking up about the NYC condoms comment. I will even chip in for the shipping costs.

    Good job on the goals. My personal favorite is adopt a pug...perhaps this is for selfish reasons. I can't have a dog at my place and would love to come over and play with the new addition to your family (the pug).

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are interested in wine - we should for sure talk. It is one of my hobbies/interests.

    ReplyDelete