Thursday, April 2, 2009

Why reading is fundamental....

So a few days ago I entered a little contest on a blog called Soul Bounce to win 2 tickets to see Omar and Teadra Moses in concert at S.O.B.s.... the night before the concert I was talking to a new girlfriend online and she happened to mention the concert and said she wanted to go. I was like, "cool! I might win free tickets to that!" So we decided to go. She looked up the information for the concert and it turns out it was at Santos Party House in Manhattan and not S.O.Bs. I was like... that's odd... they must have changed locations, but didn't think much of it. Also the doors opened at 10:00... which I thought was late for a weekday concert, but she seemed to think that that was pretty standard. So I was like cool.... I was done for a little weekday late night adventure...

Turns out the next day I get an email from Soul Bounce saying I won tickets to the show! EXCELLENT! I didn't read the email very thoroughly, I just replied back saying I would be in the house, and told my friend we had free tickets. YAY

So around 10:00pm we set up to Santos Party House for the "concert".

We arrive at about 11:00.... The DJ is playing... no Omar... my girl seems to think that this is normal because people usually start late....

12:00 rolls around, no Omar... DJ still playing.... more artsy, no-job on Thursday, looking people roll in....

12:05 rolls around... A Blond chick takes the stage... can't really hear her singing over the too loud background music and drums.... No one seems to be paying attention to her.... We are repeatedly jostled by wildly dancing chicks... Waiting for Teadra...

12:15 A short woman takes the stage... I can't really hear her name very well due to the horrendous sound system... It sounds like she's saying Tedra the Empress... She is a short, round, young girl with locs.... She looks NOTHING like the Teadra Moses that I am used to seeing... but Teadra often calls herself the Lioness... and this chick was calling herself the Empress... and I couldn't hear for shit, so I just figured she'd gained some weight, loc'd her hair...and COMPLETELY changed her sound... She was good... not the person I remembered, but she was good.

12:30- Another act takes the stage.... I am getting sleepy.... Assuming that I'd already heard "Teadra" I started getting antsy... Where the Fluck is Omar?!? Thankfully a AMAZING singer by the name of Yazarah took the stage. She was awesome... a force of nature... Amazing voice... amazing body... I was pleased...

12:30-2:00.... COMPLETE Mayhem. The two hosts/MC's get on the stage.. PISSY drunk and just a mess... a... MESS... They introduce 2 more acts... I can't even describe it... I don't want to disrespect anyone's art.... so I will just continue...

2:15... Omar strolls in... is hanging out in the audience... I'm like... WTF... get on stage dude so I can go home.... He doesn't.... another pissy drunk MC gets on stage and starts talking incoherently about how Omar just came in from London... and how he's sorry... What?!? What are you talking about?!? We get our coats. We leave and take a sleepy cab ride back to Brooklyn.

This morning I come to work and go on the Soul Bounce website THOROUGHLY prepared to see a bunch of comments about the wackness of the show.... that's when I realize the following:

Candace and I actually didn't go to the Omar and Teadra Moses concert last night.

We went to the after party

Omar and Teadra were performing at a COMPLETELY different venue starting at 7:00. A real concert.... at a real venue... that started at a reasonable hour... That I would have enjoyed.... and I would have been home by 11:00.

Omar was never supposed to sing .... he was supposed to be hosting the after party.

ALL OF THIS WAS ON THE EMAIL THAT I RECEIVED SAYING I WON

I am so irritated right now

I'm so glad that it was only Omar and Teadra Moses.... if it was someone I really liked (or even knew... heh heh @ "The colored section") I would be EXTREMELY P.O'd right now

ARGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment