Wednesday, September 23, 2009

23 days in…

23 days into my “no eating out” for a month goal and I’m still going strong!!

To achieve the 90% completion criteria, I can slip up on 3 of the 30 days. I’m doing really really well so far! Today is day 23 and I’ve only slipped up 2 times. The first mess up was last weekend. It was a pretty hectic Saturday. I had to drop Puggie off at his new foster home at 9:30, get my hair done at 10:30 and then I decided to get a mani/pedi after my hair appointment. I was starving and didn’t pack a lunch so I stopped off at a local spot and got a curried chicken sandwich. Weekends are the hardest part of this goal because you either have to schedule yourself to come home in the middle of the day or carry your lunch with you… The other slip-up was last week. I forgot to pack my breakfast so I got really hungry at like 11:30 and had to eat a super early lunch…. Which then caused me to get really hungry again at like 3:00… so I picked up a cup of soup. If I had packed my breakfast AND lunch and I was still hungry then the cup of soup wouldn’t have counted… but the reason I had to get the soup was because I didn’t pack my breakfast… so I’ll count that as a strike. :-p

Honestly it hasn’t been too too difficult for the month. The worst days are the weekends you kind of have to be tied to your house, or carry food with you. The meal that I’ve found most challenging overall has been breakfast… I’ve been doing a lot of random breakfasts… essentially just eating whatever is available in my fridge. This morning I ate roasted tomato, feta and shrimp for breakfast… Random. I’ve been making a lot of homemade pizzas, so there have been numerous days where my breakfast was left over frozen pizza. Breakfast is hard… I don’t love cereal. I don’t really want to start doing the whole carb thing (bagels, toast, etc). Smoothies create a lot of dirty dishes and aren’t that filling, and I don’t really give myself enough time to cook a proper breakfast in the morning, so I’m kind of at a loss.

Anyone have any good suggestions for easy breakfast suggestions?

7 days to go! I think I will break my eating out fast with a delicious burger and some tater tots from Trailer Park…. Who’s down?
N :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment