Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Super fast (and super delicious) weeknight meal- Tuna pasta with capers and white win

I've been trying to post less about food/recipes... as this isn't really a food blog, but I made really delicious and REALLY easy dinner tonight that I wanted to share. Tuna Pasta with Capers in White Wine. The dish is essentially a olive oil, onion, red pepper flakes, a can of tuna, capers, white wine and parsely.


Delicious

I got this recipe from a blog that I frequent Simply Recipes. My attempts are recipes from that site were hit or miss, but this was definitely a hit! The entire meal took about 20 min and it was really tasty, really cheap AND made from ingredients that you probably already have in the house. This is something I would totally make for an impromptu dinner if somebody stopped through. It's a recipe that too good and too easy not to share... so here you go. You're welcome.

Ingredients

  • Salt
  • 4 ounces bow tie (farfalle), linguini, or spaghetti pasta
  • 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus more)
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • Pinch chili pepper flakes
  • 1 (6-ounce) can tuna packed in olive oil, drained
  • 1 Tbsp capers
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 2 Tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
  • Freshly ground black pepper

-Prepare Pasta as directed on the package
-sautee the onion and red pepper flakes until the onion is softened and transluscent
-Add the tuna, capers, salt and white wine.
-Let simmer on the stove until the pasta is done
-Throw some parsley on the tuna mix and add to the pasta.

This is supposed to serve 2 people... but it seems a bit skimpy to me. The blogger said that you HAD to use tuna packed in oil... but I only had tuna packed in water. I drained the tuna, added some olive oil and let it sit for a bit and I thought it tasted fine.... but who knows, the oil packed tuna may be phenomenal.

Let me know what you think if you try it out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment