Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Blog Roundup- 3/10 - 3/11/2009

Yesterday was an EXTREMELY slow day in the blogiverse ( and in my universe). Today wasn't much better, but here are a few highlights....









Random:

Very introspective and most likely accurate perspective of the real "Change" that has come to the White House... see below (From The New York Nerd)...

















Now that's the kind of change I can get behind... or in front of... heh heh.... Movin on.....


On SoulBounce today there was a spotlight on L.A. Visual Artist Steven Lopez. I hadn't heard of Steven Lopez before today, but the stuff posted is AMAZING! His new series is entitled 'After Midnight' and is a tribute to the icons of R&B (Chaka Khan, Tina Turner, Aretha) and soon to be icons like Erykah Badu, Jill Scott and India.Arie. The images are incredibly vibrant and he had a video on his webpage of himself creating the Erykah Badu piece above. I'm awestruck by visual artists... given that I have ZERO visual artistic ability, so I thought the vid was really cool. Check it below.
Erykah Badu- Amerykahn Promise from ikeepmoving.com on Vimeo.

1 comment: