So Budget Babe is doing this cool thing where they spotlight a new online store every day for a week (or a month?). Yesterday's store was Bare Acessories which is an online store selling accessories (bags, jewelry, hoisery, sunglasses, etc). They had some cute stuff! Here are a few of the bags and Jewelry that I liked...
A few blogs posted recipes yesterdays in honor of St. Patrick's day. One was a SUPER cute peppermint cupcake (pictured to the left) from the Simply Recipes blog. Thektchn posted a Guinness Chocolate cake. I've never had Guinness before, but the recipe was from Nigella Lawson and I think she generally makes tasty stuff... A couple ideas for next year. :-)
The folks over at the About.com Exercise blog finally posted something useful (there were about to get deleted from my subscription list). I love exercises that you can do between sets of strength training to keep your heart rate up... some of my faves are jumping jacks (Old school, I know), jump rope, and burpees. About.com posted a new one; Froggy Jumps! They are basically like jumping squats but harder. Here are the instructions:
- Squat all the way down to the floor, putting your hands on the floor in front of you.
- In an explosive movement, push up from the floor, jumping up in the air.
- As you jump, tap your heels together and take the hands behind the head or up in the air.
- Land with bent knees to protect the joints and go back into your squat to prepare for the next jump.
- Repeat 10-20 froggy jumps, rest and repeat, if desired.
That's all for today!